Friday, June 3, 2011

T-Minus NOW!

I was going to post pictures of the packing process, but really, they would not have been pretty!  My mom came over to help me pack (aren't moms the best?!?!)...and I determined that I didn't have a space issue.  I have so much more room for stuff - my issue is weight!  Not my body, in the suitcases.  Good grief!


I have a luggage allotment of 150 pounds...and have about 160 pounds of stuff!  After arranging, rearranging, pulling a little bit out of each, rearranging, repacking, reweighing, pulling more stuff out, rearranging, etc...I'm PRAYING that the scales at the airport weigh the bags the same as my scale...because all 3 bags are cutting it CLOSE!


So thankful for my parents' help - dad is an expert laundry fold-er and dish wash-er - those every day things that I haven't been keeping up on very well!  He also fixed my toilet!  What a guy!


I got my carry-on bags packed to the gills...my little one may weigh the same as my big ones! Deacon is all packed and ready to go on his 2 week adventure in a house with a 6-year-old and 3 other dogs and 2 cats!  Not what he's used to, but he will love having playmates!  My fear is that he's not going to want to come home after this!


At this point in the day, many of my teammates are already in the air (from San Antonio and Durango) and the rest of us will be on our way before the afternoon is over.  So excited to meet these people that I have only met via short paragraph introductions on email.  What an adventure awaits.  


The nerves have not set it so I'm going to pray they stay away!  I have a few more last minute things to take care of, make my bed, and out the door I go!  Good bye Kansas, Hello Kampala!


Thanks again for all of your thoughts and prayers!  God is amazing - He has shown Himself so very plainly in the midst of this trip preparation and shown Himself extravagantly!  


BLESSINGS!!!

1 comment:

  1. I remember well that excited, nervous, excited, strange, excited, mysterious, excited feeling on the day I first went to Burundi. You are going to have the time of your life! Can't wait to read & hear your stories! Blessings on you, my friend! You're so HOTT!! :-)

    ReplyDelete