Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 13...

Today is the last day I will be in Uganda, Africa.  Very bittersweet for sure.  It has been a very lengthy 2 week stay, but at the same time, it doesn't feel like we have spent that much time here.

The 1/2 of the team that ended up going through London has been here a day less than everyone else, but our diversion made it seem much longer!  On the other hand, when we started the trip, we were hoping for a possible extra day layover in Brussles, Belgium...as we sat talking today, the consensus is that NO ONE wants any more flight delays!

I do not know what God expected me to learn on this trip, but I am sure that He will continue to speak to me through this experience through the years.

Yesterday, several of us women returned to the Hope House to spend another couple of hours with the women there.  What precious spirits they have in spite of the circumstances of their past.  They are such a blessing.  They made each of us a gift of jewelry and I got pieces made of browns and pink...some of my favorite colors!

Our flight home starts late tonight...and it will be 27 1/2 hours before I arrive home to family, friends, and my puppy!  Can't wait!  Looking forward to eating fresh veggies, meat, and cow's milk...and a shower and Quilted Northern toilet paper!!

My next post will most likely be from the US!

No comments:

Post a Comment