Monday, March 30, 2009

2 weeks later...

So, it's been 2 weeks since I last wrote. Life has been interesting. I went from being in the midst of 10 days away from work on Spring Break back into the craziness and chaos that is the 4th 9 weeks of the school year.

Also, little Stellan of MckMama's family has been very sick with a heart problem that he had in utero, but that was thought to have been healed from. The fact that I have been praying for this family and this 4 month old little boy that I've never met is such an amazing thing. Who would have thought that tens of thousands of people would be brought to their knees by such a young child - well, I guess Jesus talked about children a lot, I shouldn't be so surprised.

I have been trying to figure out what it is that I am supposed to be doing in life - oh, I have plenty of things that I'd like to do, but so many are contingent on other people...you know, like marriage, having children, etc. I just don't feel that contentment in life that I've been having. I don't know if I'm just now realizing that I'm not content or if I am just coming into this season of life. Now is not the time to be thinking about job or house changes...I sign on my new refinancing loan tomorrow! Going to get this house paid off in just 15 short years!

I am just sick of being so "alone" - and this can be a physical alone or the emotional one...just depends on the day. There are times when I am just sick of people, but for the most part I am just tired of the mundane routine that is my life - I want there to be life in my house to come home to - and not just Deacon, even though he's pretty dang cute!



We had a strange spring snow last weekend that allowed for a shortened school day on Friday, but it also cancelled the weekend trip to Kansas City I was going to take with BJ and ladies from her church. I guess it's a good thing that we didn't go, but at the same time I was looking for time away from my life here and was ready for some intense time with godly women teaching from His Word.

Latest movie I watched: "Bolt"...highly recommend it. If you loved "Kung Fu Panda", you'll like this one. There are several uses of the word "awesome" in this movie. So, if that word annoys you, this is NOT the movie for you to see! Or if you have something against animated, talking animals...again, not the movie for you. I would recommend watching it with someone else - there's just something about laughing WITH someone instead of laughing out loud by yourself and wondering if you'll ever get a life.

I am thinking about trying to get motivated to jump in with my friend, Jason, and his pals with a weight loss deal. I'm only a month behind the rest of them! :) I haven't fully committed...just pondering the benefits of it, but not sure if I'm yet willing to actually work at it!

Okay, I think that is about as random as I can convince myself to be at this point in time. I praise Him that He is in the midst of all things even if I can't see or feel that He is there.

Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. "We had a strange spring snow last weekend that allowed for a shortened school day on Friday, but it also cancelled the weekend trip to Kansas City I was going to take with BJ and ladies from her church. I guess it's a good thing that we didn't go, but at the same time I was looking for time away from my life here and was ready for some intense time with godly women teaching from His Word."
    Candice--this was the weekend I spoke in Kansas City.(the weekend was not canceled for the 66 who came.) I found this small paragraph very amazing in the fact that I was just "randomly" going through MY blogs and found one of yours....this one. Had you come to K-city that weekend.....hmmm, I wonder the effects of this present life we NOW LIVE? Amazing you blogged about that particular weekend. I laughed at your comment about Bolt and there after. funny girl you are!

    ReplyDelete