Saturday, May 21, 2011

How Time Flies

Well, it's been 6 months since I last posted. I wish I could say that the reason was I had nothing to post...I just never took the time to post!

Quick update - there isn't one!

My last posts were my attempts at blogging through the book of Romans - as you can see, I made it through chapter 4. There is much more to Romans than that, but in my human attempt to do something "spiritual", I failed...and I'm okay with that. I learned more in my falling and getting back up than I did in trying to make something happen.

Around the beginning of the year, I took a deeper look at my faith walk. I questioned some things that I had always thought to be fundamental in my beliefs and I had to seek God with a new passion and zeal in order to get back on track. Also around that time, I began to attend a different church. It is much larger than anything I have ever attended and it is still difficult some days to walk in and not recognize EVERY face and know who the visitors are!

Women's Bible study this spring has been very encouraging and God challenged me to take what I was taught during Sunday sermons and Monday Bible studies and search the Scriptures in a deeper way throughout the week. In doing this, it was more of looking at how the teachings applied to my daily life and not just gaining biblical knowledge.

I've become more open to hearing from the Lord and wondering what it is that I was created for - is it to go to work every day and have integrity in my job? Possibly. Is it to go to church on Sundays and sing praise and worship songs. No, the praise God requires is so much more than that. Is it to realize I'm too comfortable in my zone and allow myself to be pushed/pulled/shoved/etc out of my comfort zone so I HAVE to rely on Him? Most definitely!

I want my life to count for something. I don't necessarily need accolades and pats on the back for doing what I'm supposed to do. What I do need is to love others regardless of how I feel.

2 comments:

  1. You are a morning person. I am praying for a successful and safe journey for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have seen and 'heard' much! The transforming power of our Lord has set you on new heights!
    What a great day!!

    ReplyDelete